Life doesn’t always send you roses, nor when things get tough can the tough always get going. Sometimes we all need some help.
Call us and let us help you!
The Gaythorne RSL is probably more well known for its excellent food and wine, and those exciting promotions filled with character and excitement. Many people are not even aware that upstairs in the offices are the men and women that keep the RSL ideas alive and well.
The RSL MISSION STATEMENT
To ensure the programs are in place for the well-being, care, compensation and commemoration of serving an ex-serving Defense Force members, their de-pendants; and Government and community awareness of the need for a secure, stable and progressive Australia.
WHAT CAN THE WELFARE TEAM PROVIDE?
- We can offer assistance to both serving and ex-serving members of the Defence Force, and their families
- We visit Veterans and widows in their homes, in hospital, nursing homes and aged care facilities
- Financial assistance is available for serving and ex-serving members in need
- The Gaythorne Sub-Branch, in partnership with the Salvation Army and RSL QLD, helps to aid with homeless Veterans
- The Welfare team are involved with the Mitchie Day Club for seniors, which meets on a Wednesday at the SDA Hall in Mitchelton
- The team supports nursing homes in the area, lighting up the BBQ and organizing a get together for male residents
- Members of the team conduct the RSL Poppy Ceremony at funerals of serving and ex-serving members at the request of the family
WHY DO WE DO THIS?
Most of our Welfare Officers have personal experience of the impact that Service Life can have, not just on the Serving Member but also their partners and families.
There is an old saying:
“You may get the Soldier out of the Army, but you will never get the Army out of the Soldier”
Change the service and the rank but the sentiment is the same.
WHEN YOU REALLY NEED HELP – WHO ELSE WOULD YOU ASK, IF NOT YOUR MATES?
If you have a problem, if you would like some help, contact our Welfare Department to arrange a visit with our Welfare Officer.
Gaythorne RSL Sub-Branch
534 Samford Road
Mitchelton, QLD 4053
(07)3355 4655 Ext 207
Like us on Facebook
Compensation Advocacy – Gaythorne RSL