. Protecting Privacy
This policy describes the way GRSL collect, hold and disclose personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. GRSL are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles. GRSL may vary this policy from time to time.
Protecting personal information is fundamental to GAYTHORNE RSL SUB BRANCH INC.’s relationship with supporters, employees and players. All personal information received in connection with a GRSL product or service, or in the conduct of GRSL’s business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to GRSL Clubs’ legal obligations.
- Accessing gaythornersl.com.au
Gaythornersl.com.au refers to GRSL website with its top-level domain located at http://gaythornersl.com.au/, all related sub-domains and any other website which provides a GRSL product, service or related product or service. You need not disclose your identity to GRSL in order to visit gaythornersl.com.au, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however GRSL internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve gaythornersl.com.au
GRSL may use “cookies” on its websites. A cookie is a small text file that gaythornersl.com.au may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are thus designed to improve your website experience. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
When you visit and browse GRSL websites, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- visiting patterns of individuals accessing the websites;
- the IP address of your computer; and
- the path taken through our website.
GRSL use website analytic services to help analyse how you use the websites (Website Analytics). Website Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means including but not limited to cookies which are stored on users’ computers. Our third party providers of these services may store this information. GRSL will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Website Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to their websites. GRSL will not associate any data gathered from its websites with any personally identifying information from any source as part of the use of Website Analytics.
Generally, GRSL collect personal information directly from your use of its website and any registration you make to receive information, including via email.
The personal information which the GRSL collect and hold includes:
- your name, address, email address, gender, occupation, contact information;
- information about dealings with us, including membership history, and subscriptions for services;
- your IP address and geolocation; and
- information derived from the use of “cookies”.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect and hold additional personal information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us.
If you do not give personal information to GAYTHORNE RSL SUB BRANCH INC., it may affect the ability of GRSL to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
- Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, GRSL may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of GRSL or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information described in this policy. GRSL will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
- Storage of Personal Information
This may happen if our service providers are located overseas, or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties’ compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Australian Privacy Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
- Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
GRSL collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve its websites;
- to provide products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage its relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of GRSL ;
- to promote and market events, products or services;
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of GRSL to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
GRSL may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
You consent to the GRSL using your personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about GRSL or products and services, as well as the products and services of third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified in paragraph 9 if you do not want to receive marketing information from us.
GRSL do not otherwise disclose personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Information Security
GRSL will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. GRSL will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
- Contacting GRSL Regarding Access & Correction and Privacy Complaints
An individual may:
- request access to and seek the correction of their personal information held by the GRSL at any time;
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of privacy; or
by contacting the Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. GRSL may charge a fee where access is provided. GRSL may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. GRSL aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and GAYTHORNE RSL SUB BRANCH INC..
The Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable period of time following completion of the investigation.
Gaythorne RSL Sub Branch Inc.
ABN 53 305 038 486.
Address: 534 Samford Road, Mitchelton QLD 4053
Phone: (07) 3355 4655
Updated 24 September 2015